How to Apply
Application ProcessFor information specific to your intended exchange program, please review the program brochure you can find in the "Search Programs" section. Students must receive academic approval for their exchange program as well as approval for each course to be taken abroad. Discuss your exchange plans with your academic advisor as early as possible to determine your academic needs during the exchange.
- Fall/Academic Year and Summer: February 1
- Spring semester: October 1
Application Documents to Prepare
- FSU's Course Approval Form will need to be submitted as part of your application.
- Unofficial FSU transcript
- Statement of purpose essay (see online application for prompts)
- Contact information for emergency contacts (list at least 1)
Step 1: Find your intended exchange program's online brochure
- Click 'Apply Now' from the garnet tab. to the right of the map. Log in with your FSUID account credentials.
Step 2: Select Intended Exchange Term
Step 3: Review the Application Instructions and Click 'Get Started!' To Proceed
Step 4: Complete Statement of Purpose
- Personal & Professional Goals - This is your opportunity to explain why you want to participate on the Global Exchange you selected and how this experience will contribute to your personal and professional goals.
- Academic Goals - Please explain how your Global Exchange will contribute to your academic goals and describe how they courses you plan to study on exchange will enhance your academic plan.
- Click 'Done' to save your application and move on to the next application section.
Step 5: Answer Application Questions
- Have you previously studied abroad? If yes, please provide the program name, location(s), and term/length for all previous overseas study experiences, including faculty led programs, study at FSU's study centers, and independent study experiences organized by yourself or through a third-party provider.
- Do you have a valid passport? If you do not currently have a valid passport, please describe where you are in the process of obtaining or renewing one. Please check the expiration date of your passport if you already have one. If it will expire within 6 months of your planned return from abroad, please begin the process of renewing one.
- Who is your primary academic advisor? Example: Dr. Jane Smith, Department of Biology
- Second program choice. If you don't get your first choice, are you interested in considering an alternate? If yes, please list only one alternate. Alternate applications will require a new application and course approval form.
- Please select all types of financial aid you receive.